Highlights from the Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology
Alana Flexman, MD, FRCPC
SNACC Representative to the JNA Editorial Board
|Alana Flexman, MD, FRCPC|
Since earlier this year, the Editor-in-Chief Dr. Martin Smith has introduced a new feature that will be of interest to SNACC members. Five articles will be selected each issue to be highlighted as Editor’s Choice and these will be free to read for the entire time that the issue is current. This initiative will make it easier than ever to access high quality, relevant articles and we encourage you to take advantage of this new feature. You can also subscribe to the JNA e-Table of Contents for free from the journal homepage by clicking HERE.
The articles featured in the upcoming July issue of JNA:
- Ferrario L, Kofke WA. Standardized accreditation of neuroanesthesiology fellowship programs worldwide: the International Council on Perioperative Neuroscience Training (ICPNT). J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2019; 31(3).
- Zhang W, Neal J, Lin L, Dai F, Hersey DP, McDonagh DL, Su F, Meng L. Mannitol in Critical Care and Surgery over 50+ Years: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials and Complications with Meta-Analysis. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2019; 31.
- Chui J, Murkin JM, Drosdowech D. A Pilot Study of a Novel Automated Somatosensory Evoked Potential (SSEP) Monitoring Device for Detection and Prevention of Intraoperative Peripheral Nerve Injury in Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Surgery. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2019; 31(3).
- Alcaraz G, Chui J, Schaafsma J, Manninen P, Porta-Sánchez A, Mendes Pereira V, Venkatraghavan L. Hemodynamic management of patients during endovascular treatment of acute ischemic stroke under conscious sedation : a retrospective cohort study. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2019; 31(3).
- Sharma D, Easdown LJ, Zolyomi A, Ayrian E, Wheeler PJ, Edelman G, Mahla ME. Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology & Critical Care (SNACC) Neuroanesthesiology Education Milestones for Resident Education. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2019; 31(3).
As the official journal of SNACC, the Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology has a long history of publishing original and review articles relevant to the SNACC membership. Dr. Martin Smith is the Editor-in-Chief.