Approved March, 2017
The Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology (JNA) will own the copyright to all abstracts accepted for presentation at the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care (SNACC) Annual Meeting. Due to potential copyright infringement, abstracts are not eligible for submission to the SNACC Annual Meeting if the same abstract has been or will be published in a journal other than JNA.
- Presentation of the same abstract at both the Annual Meetings of SNACC and the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is allowed.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to confirm that an abstract that has been accepted for presentation or presented at a venue other than the SNACC Annual Meeting was not published elsewhere.
- An abstract presented at a meeting other than SNACC will not be eligible for an award including, but not limited to, the Michenfelder New Investigator Award or Resident Travel Award.
- Posters can be published electronically on sites such as F1000 only if the abstract is not included on the poster.
- Submission of an abstract represents an obligation that at least one author will register for the SNACC Annual Meeting and present the abstract in poster format in person. Failure to comply without prior notifying SNACC will result in all authors not being allowed to submit an abstract to SNACC’s Annual Meeting for the subsequent two years.
- For all accepted abstracts, each author will be required to complete a disclosure of conflicts of interest form prior to abstract presentation. Failure to complete this disclosure by all authors will result in the inability to upload the electronic poster for presentation.