Teacher of the Year – Education Innovator Award (2019) – Nominations are now closed
This award recognizes SNACC members who exemplify a career dedicated to teaching and mentoring of health care professionals and basic scientists in the areas of neuroscience, neuroanesthesiology and neurocritical care. The award will be presented at the SNACC 47thAnnual Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
What to submit?
(Nominees will be expected to have achieved excellence in all of these categories).
- Name, title and contact information of the nominee (self-nomination is possible).
- A supporting letter of nomination from the nominee’s current departmental chair.
- Nominee’s full CV with educational accomplishments and innovations highlighted.
- Executive summary of the nominee’s teaching innovations including:
- Evidence of innovation in education, including the development of relevant course materials, fellowship requirements and/or development of methods for evaluation of effectiveness of teaching methods.
- Evidence of expertise and innovation in invited lectureships, review course presentations at national/international meetings and participation in educational activities of national/international societies.
- Summary of relevant publications of the contribution of new knowledge to the field and publication record of review articles and book chapters relevant to neuroscience, neuroanesthesiology neuromonitoring, and neurocritical care.
- Administrative positions held in areas relevant to education.
- Evidence of innovation in mentorship of medical students, anesthesia/critical care residents/fellows and any other relevant groups.
- Evaluations supporting the nominee’s innovations as a teacher and mentor.
- Additional supporting letters from chair/colleagues (past or present) regarding demonstration of a passion for improving methods of teaching with verification of contributions to innovations in education, education research and education administration.
Recipients of these awards will receive:
- A plaque of recognition presented at the SNACC 47th Annual Meeting on Saturday, September 14, 2019.
- Recognition on the SNACC website.
- Recognition in the SNACC Annual Meeting update published in the SNACC Newsletter.
The 2018 Teacher of the Year Lifetime Educator Award was presented to Martin Smith, MBBS, FRCA, FFICM at the 46th Annual Meeting of Friday, October 12, 2018 in San Francisco, California.