The Distinguished Service award is reserved for SNACC members who have made outstanding contributions to the field of Neurosciences in Anesthesiology and Critical Care, and to this Society. Nominations must be made by current active, dues paid members of SNACC; self-nominations are not accepted. The Nomination Committee strongly recommends that nominators consider both national and international peer recognition of the potential awardee, and focus their supporting statement on accomplishments in areas of clinical practice, scientific research, scholarly activities and education/training. Prior leadership positions within and outside of SNACC are also important, but professionalism of the individual and their stature as a mentor is of utmost significance. Specific importance will be given to length of professional service after completing the postgraduate training in choosing the candidate for this award.
Nominations should include a biographical sketch of the nominee, and a minimum of two paragraphs outlining the nominee’s contributions to the field of perioperative neuroscience and the outstanding features of their service to SNACC and/or other relevant professional societies. The name and contact details of two additional SNACC members who support the nomination should be provided.
Recipients of these awards will receive:
- A plaque of recognition presented at the SNACC Annual Meeting.
- Recognition on the SNACC website.
- Recognition in the SNACC Annual Meeting reports published in the SNACC Newsletter.
Deadline for submission is now closed.
- 2019 W. Andrew Kofke, MD, MBA, FCCM
- 2018 Gregory J. Crosby, MD
- 2017 Elizabeth A. Frost, MD
- 2016 Arthur Lam, MD, FRCPC, FNCS
- 2015 John C. Drummond, MD, FRCPC
- 2014 William L. Lanier, Jr., MD
- 2013 not awarded
- 2012 not awarded
- 2011 David Warner, MD
- 2010 Adrian W. Gelb, MBBCh
- 2009 Michael M. Todd, MD
- 2005-08 not awarded
- 2004 James E Cottrell, MD
- 2003 John D Michenfelder, MD
- 2002 Harvey M Shapiro, MD
- 2001 Maurice Albin, MD